This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail @ Kontact

How do you set up gmail for Kontact? I tried doing it but it didn't work. What are common things I should make note of?

Re: Gmail @ Kontact

I created a step-by-step for you here.

http://kubnewb.blogspot.com/2006/06/...h-kontact.html

I found all of the settings (ports, server names, encryptions) Gmail's POP configuration page for Thunderbird 1.5:  http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=12103

Comment

Thanks, when I did it I put the @gmail.com. I can send mail completely fine, but when I recieve mail I can't read it. It says I got new mail but I can't find an option anywhere to read mail in the inbox. (I know its probably something extremely simple that I missed but that is it. >_>

Comment

I think I know the answer to that as well.  Using a web browser log into your Gmail account. 

Click Settings.
        Click Forwarding and POP.
        Click Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)
        Click Save

Then go back into Kontact and tell it to check for new mail.  It will download everything from your Gmail...and I mean everything. You'll have to sort your mail manually since Gmail doesn't have folders for Inbox or Sent, Gmail uses labels instead.

Comment

I had that setting, it says a have a hundred and forty-something unread mail but I dunno how to read it. (I know it probbably sounds really dumb)

Double clicking on the inbox doesn't make anything come up and I don't see a read mail button or option.

Comment

Is Kontact saying 140 unread mail...or is Gmail saying it but it doesn't load into your Kontact Inbox?

If it is the latter, go back into Gmail and tell it to 'Enable POP for all mail' again.  It will reset Gmail's POP service and allow you to download all mail again.

Comment

Kontact says that. I can only see the mail if I click the reply button, then it shows the mail in the reply windows and tries to reply, same with forward. But Kontact has no "read mail" button. I can download the mail fine. I just don't know how to open it with Kontact's interface.

Comment

Whoa.  Can you send me some screenshots of that?    ~kommentariat~  at  [gmail] com

Of course, remove the screwy symbols in my email address. What version of Kontact are you using?

Comment

Kontact 1.2

[img width=400 height=309]http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5291/snapshot11qx.png[/img]

Comment

Ah ha!!  I know exactly what the problem is.

Take your mouse furthest to the right inside Kontact.  You'll be able to see the tiny vertical dots along the right window border.  Grab those dots and drag it to the left.  You should be able to see your Inbox now.

Man, I hope this works...I just tested it on mine and I could make my Kontact look exactly like yours.

Comment

Working...
                    X