This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, now .wav

just great i fixed my last problem with sound and got all of the formats working but .wav and have no idea whereto begin > as always any help would be welcome

Re: okay, now .wav

There's a plugin for xmms, it's mikmod. Just open Synaptic, look for mikmod.

You have to install xmms as well. Xmms is great, similar to WinAmp. You'll love it.

If you didn't install Synaptic yet, do it now:

sudo apt-get install synaptic
    Nevermore! Nevermore! - E. A. Poe

Comment

well i installed Xmms (and you're right it is like winamp) but i still get nothing and it won't even open the "files" like amarok does

Comment

Originally posted by evan
        well i installed Xmms (and you're right it is like winamp) but i still get nothing and it won't even open the "files" like amarok does
        Go to Konqueror / Settings / Configure Konqueror / File Association. Find the different file types you want to associate with Xmms and move Xmms above amarok in the dialogue box.

Now when you click on the file it will open in Xmms.

Comment

okay well with your help i got the problem half fixed, i can now play audio cd's in Kaffine but not Xmms or amarok

Comment

o yea, Amarok makes the cd drive sound like it's try'n real hard to play when i tell it to and it tells me it's reading and playing.....(but it's not even moving the bar over

Comment

Working...
            X