This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email File?

When I choose Actions -> Email File in Konqueror, Kmail is called. I have installed and configured Thunderbird as my mail agent. How can I change the mailapp from Kmail to Thunderbird in Konqueror?

Re: Email File?

Kmenu > System Settings > KDE Components > Default Applications > Email Client

set it to thunderbird!!!
    Enjoy!!!
    Richard Johnson (nixternal)<br />Core Developer :: MOTU :: MOTU Council :: Community Council<br />https://launchpad.net/~nixternal<br />http://www.nixternal.com

Comment

i have done that first thing after installing thunderbird, but it does not help :-(

Comment

The context menu actions aren't defined by what's the default or not the default. You'll need to edit the action itself to make it launch Thunderbird:
        Code:
        cd /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/
        sudo cp email.desktop email.desktop_backup
        kdesu kwrite email.desktop
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

For me it worked to open Kmenu > System Settings > KDE Components > Default Applications > Email Client and changing to mozilla-thunderbird. (Yes, mozilla-thunderbird, not just thunderbird).

Now email-links in Konqueror opens up Thunderbird. However, I am not able to open up emails from Firefox - when I click an email-link in Firefox nothing happens - any clues?

Comment

hausi isn't talking about email links in Konqueror. This is the right-click context menu--when you click on a file and select Actions > Email File, that's different from clicking on a mailto: link.
            Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Sorry about me misunderstanding the problem

Btw, I found out that to have Firefox open mailto-links in Thunderbird I just had to add the following line to my firefox user.js file:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/usr/bin/mozilla-thunderbird");

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
                The context menu actions aren't defined by what's the default or not the default. You'll need to edit the action itself to make it launch Thunderbird:
                Code:
                cd /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/
                sudo cp email.desktop email.desktop_backup
                kdesu kwrite email.desktop
                thanks aysiu, this nearly works: I get the tbird icon on the context menu, tbird starts up but there is no new email with the file already attached. I was huntig around for the appropriate commandline options for tbird but came up dry :-(

Comment

after some more digging and trial and error this seems to work

file:
                  usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/email.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
                  Actions=Email
                  Encoding=UTF-8
                  ServiceTypes=allfiles

[Desktop Action Email]
                  Name=Email File
                  Exec=mozilla-thunderbird -compose attachment='file:///%s'
                  Icon=thunderbird

Comment

Working...
                  X