This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem playing files from non-linux partitions

Well i like this player, i've been using it for long time, now...So i installed it here. The thing is when i click on a song to be played on an NTFS partition, it's added to its list, but doesn't start the playback (it can't, don't know why). I've noticed it is added in a weird manner, it displays the mp3 filename on the list, but it's unable to play it. However if i drag that same file and drop it directly into the playlist, it shows me the the ID3 tag, the song's length, and i can play it. If i play from a normal ext2-ext3 partition, it plays directly, with id3 and everything alright.
    From a shared samba hard disk (the shared computer runs XP, NTFS partition) the things goes worst since it adds in the same wrong way the songs to the playlist, either by clicking on them or drag&dropping them...That means i can't play any file not located directly on my computer!

I tried also amarok and kaffeine...both crash directly without giving a clue about it. (that's only when playing files through samba)

Re: Problem playing files from non-linux partitions

Up!!

Comment

Well i like this player, i've been using it for long time, now...So i installed it here.
      Which player?
      Not that it matters as nothing seems to work on your system.
      Do I understand it correctly you want to play a song (mp3) from an NTFS partition on the same multi booting computer?
      Then where does Samba come into it?
      Samba is a networking service, so you'd tipically only use it connecting to a remote windows computer.
      I know there is a problem playing music over a network but from the same computer should not cause any problems, as long as you can access the drive and regardless of the player used.

Comment

Hahahaa, u caught me
        True...That's XMMS....The thing is i can't play neither mp3 files stored on this computer in an NTFS partition, nor the files through samba, in other computers :?
        It takes the name of the mp3 file to play, but it doesn't seem to be able to read it (doesn't take the ID3, doesn't play...)
        Thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
        X