This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kweather --no station available?

Strange...I live in Mendoza/Argentina, but I tried with Miami and it did not work either.

I run Kde 3.5.2.

Thanks.
    Fed.

Re: Kweather --no station available?

There are a lot of us in the same boat as you. I am not sure as to what the real issue is, and who it is with. I am in Chicago, and I keep loosing my local ones. I have seen many people report the same issue and even filed bugs concerning this. You can check the KDE website under extra gear I believe and see if they have anything. Also check the Ubuntuforums.org and see if there is any more concerning the issue over there.
    Richard Johnson (nixternal)<br />Core Developer :: MOTU :: MOTU Council :: Community Council<br />https://launchpad.net/~nixternal<br />http://www.nixternal.com

Comment

Thanks for you answer.
      Really odd. Seems to work in ubuntu with gnome in my partner pc...and he mocks at me...:-(

I ll see what can I find.
      See you around.

Fed.

Comment

In Suse with kde kwheather works fine. but in kubuntu even in the oldest one dont
        maybe a bug?

Comment

There appears to be a bug with Kweather, but it does work (I'm using it with KDE 3.5.3 64bit)

Here's how to get it to work:

Install it, then right click on it and say configure KWeather. Then click on the Weather Service icon. Pick the closest station to your location and click Add. Then click update all.

If you go back to the display, it SHOULD list the station you just added to the Weather Station Options. However, quite frequently, it does not.

The simple thing is to just periodically go back into the configuration panel and eventually you will notice that the combo (dropdown) box has changed. The name is still wrong, but your new station will be selectable. I can't tell you how many times you'll have to check, nor how long it will take before your desired station is selectable. You just have to wait. Once you can choose your desired station in the display, it works.

If you read the docuemtation for KWeather, you'll find that it's old and has no relevence to the problem. Just make sure you tell it which weather service to use and be patient. It may help if you choose several stations to add.

Comment

Thats right!
            I added 4 stations, 2 in Germany, 1 in Italy, 1 Spain, and Mendoza/Argentina where I live.
            Then updated all.
            And finally could select Mendoza amog the rest of available stations.
            Now we see how long works!...:-)
            Bye.
            Fed.

Comment

Open Configure Kweather
              Goto Weather Service and add your stations, then click OK not Apply.
              Reopen Kweather Configure, select Display. At least one station should now be available.
              Then you can update all.
              This works in Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Suse, Mepis, Debian {all}, Vector, Gentoo, Kororaa, FreeBSD, Desktop BSD, and PC-BSD.
              Sometimes it takes a few times before all the stations added show up in Display panel.

Comment

Yes, I agree. Now I have it running without trouble.
                Bye.

Comment

Working...
                X