This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyUbuntu Problem

I am quite new to Kubuntu, and now I am using 6.06 LTS.
    While installing softwares I found that adept and apt-get sometimes don't respect dependencies with other packages, for example while I was installing Kdevelop3 or Synce-KDE.
    What is wrong ? It is a problem of repository ?
    I used easyubuntu just after installation of my kubuntu, so repositories were changed according to easyubuntu just few minutes after a clean installation !
    I checked using aptitude and situation, until now, was always ok and dependencies were respected at all .

Thank you for you help !

Alpa

Re: EasyUbuntu Problem

First of all, it is quite possible that EasyUbuntu left your /etc/apt/sources.list file in an unusable state. It used to do that all the time. I suggest that you generate a custom made sources.list file at the source-o-matic website. Be sure to include the slightly unofficial sites that carry proprietary codecs and the official sites for the latest versions of things like KDE, Koffice and Amarok.

Second, it is precisely because apt-get respects dependencies that it doesn't install packages that would wind up breaking your installation because of unmeetable dependencies. Are you trying to install something from a non-(K)Ubuntu repository? If so, it might have been compiled with a library version that (K)Ubuntu is not using, or not yet. You shouldn't have to use "foreign" repositories, if you include both universe and multiverse in your repository list, you should have nearly everything tht you might need except for some proprietary software that is not available for your CPU type.

Comment

Working...
    X