This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox default

Very Impressed with Dapper. After a week,and four total reinstalls SuSE 10.1 I've had Dapper 64 doing everything I want exceptionally FAST!
    Problem. Had Thunderbird links opening in Firefox for several days, last nite I did apt-get install gnome-desktop which went perfect, except Thunderbird now opens Epiphany instead of Firefox, even though the KDE Control Center says Firefox. I uninstalled (adept) Epiphany now nothing opens.
    TIA
    rick

Re: Firefox default

Try 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure thunderbird'. Not sure though. I'm at work stuck on a Windows box.

Paul

Comment

I think you want

$ sudo update-alternatives --set x-www-browser /usr/bin/firefox

Comment

Tried both your suggestions,still links open in Epiphany (reinstalled) That's what I get for messing with a good running system.KDE guy,just wanted to play with Gnome.
        rick

Comment

Maybe Thundbird is explicetly calling Epiphany.

Start Thunderbird and go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced and click the 'Config Editor' button. Find the Preferences called network.protocol-handler.app.http and network.protocol-handler.app.https. See what they say. If they say Epiphany there's the problem. If they say x-www-browser run that command from a prompt and see what launches. (If you did the 'sudo update-alternatives' command I mentioned before you should get Firefox. You could also of course try setting their values to firefox.

Comment

Actually I don't have those two lines or anything else that directly points to x-~ firefox,or epiphany. If I add those lines what would be the correct syntax,and I quess what is opening a browser?
            rick

Comment

Working...
            X