This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kxmame is looking for xmame

Need some help with kxmame. it ask for "executable" i installed also xmame-x and xmame-sdl.  kxmame look for an .exe file?

Re: kxmame is looking for xmame

Are you sure it's not looking for the ROM image to run a game?

Comment

I gave it a quick whirl here and here's what I found:

xmame-sdl (for example) installs the xmame-sdl exectuable under /usr/games/xmame-sdl OR you can use a link in /etc/alternatives/xmame

In kxmame, under the Directories menu option, enter either path into the top of the form (for the xmame executable), then make sure to click "Add" on the right. If you don't and just click ok - it won't add your path and then of course won't "see" the executable.

After clicking add, just click "Ok" to close this box and it should hit you up with a question similar to "New xmame executable found, would you like to rebuild the game list?" Just answer yes and there you go. Don't forget to set your rom/sample/backgrounds paths the same way for where ever you have those.

Beemer

Comment

thank a lot, i founded in /usr/games/xmame-sdl as bmr5770 said, and after no other problem with that.
        It was a basic question however windows users like me, not comprend the extension system on linux.

Comment

Working...
        X