Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Native Kubuntu/Ubuntu Tovid deb available!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native Kubuntu/Ubuntu Tovid deb available!

Today I installed checkinstall and compiled the latest version of Tovid (version 0.27) into a Kubuntu/Ubuntu specific deb. This deb has been tested on my system for install and uninstall. Adebt picks it up after the install via sudo dpkg -i command. For those interested in turning avi/mpeg files into DVD with menues, I've submitted this deb to the developer for posting on his site.

Till I know for certain he'll post it you can contact me directly and I'll be happy to email it to you as an attachment. Also, I plan on maintaining this deb as long as I can and hopefully see it put into Universe and/or Multiverse repositories. Even if it never makes it there I'll maintain it because I believe in the project and Kubuntu/Ubuntu. If there is enough interest in this particular deb, I'll drum up a website for it and possibly other deb files i may make in the future.

Cheers.
    Dell Inspiron N5010 Intel Core i5 Arrandale M460 processor Intel graphics 8Gig RAM Seagate 640Gig HD Broadcom BCM4113 Wireless Linux Mint Rebecca (Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr).

Re: Native Kubuntu/Ubuntu Tovid deb available!

Why not get it on revu as mentioned in the ubuntu packaging guide?
    http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagi...e/C/index.html

I'd be quite interested in using tovid. Any chance you could put your .dsc/.diff.gz files on the web somewhere?

Comment

I used tovid (command line) in 5.10 and it was very handy and easy to use. I would like to use either the gui or the command line in 6.06. I followed the .deb instructions on the tovid site and found nothing in that repository. Any attempt to load from an rpm aliened to a deb has met with prereq hell. Does anyone know where to find a .deb for this application now? TIA
      An old mainframer trying to get modern in his retirement.

Comment

For those of you interested in tovid for Kubuntu/Ubuntu you may now go to the following website to get the Kubuntu/Ubuntu specific deb:

http://tovid.sourceforge.net/download/kubuntu/

I'm currently trying to get a sourceforge account so I may be able to keep up on the development of this fine software and further update the deb file as updates are released by the developer. This deb that is currently posted is for tovid 0.27 and contains both the graphical and command line interfaces. you may or may not have to work with getting it into your menu for KDE but the icons and such are there.

Enjoy.
        Dell Inspiron N5010 Intel Core i5 Arrandale M460 processor Intel graphics 8Gig RAM Seagate 640Gig HD Broadcom BCM4113 Wireless Linux Mint Rebecca (Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr).

Comment

I, for one, thank you for your effort. I did find this and am currently running a video build right now. This is a good looking tool and will develop quickly, I'm sure. Again, thanks a lot.
          An old mainframer trying to get modern in his retirement.

Comment

Calgarian,

Your most welcome. I'm going to look into getting it into the repositories soon. Even the developer who uses Gentoo says it would be great if I could do this. Thanks for the reply and to those others interested in this program. The more interest I get the more serious I'll get to put it in the repositories so pass the word on about this program to others.

Comment

Working...
            X