X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remote desktop attention screen

Hello all,

I just installed Kubuntu on an extra box laying around...I want to have this in my basement connected via ethernet, and be able to VNC into it and play around. I get it to work, but the Kubuntu desktop gives an attention screen wanting permission for remote user to come in. This will defeat my purpose! Is there a way for it to trust the connection? I am WAY to new for SSH right now....would like to get into the GUI

Thanks!

Re: remote desktop attention screen

yeah i'm having the same problem though i've been thinking of getting realvnc for such the purpose.....though i cant figure out how to install it.

Comment

Re: remote desktop attention screen

Have you tried Krfb?

Kstart - Internet -Krfb (desktop sharing)

Click on the configure... button then start with the access tab set it up to allow uninvited access, there is only 4 check boxes and you only need 2 of them to do what you want to, and give it a strong password. Check out all 3 tabs, easy! Then you can loggin from the attic on your LAN or any where in the world using your browser.

The password is encrypted so it would be difficult to crack it, but change it every now and then for better  security.

Have fun!  8)

Comment

Working...
      X