This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept problem

I managed to lock up Adept and I assume I did something wrong. Could anyone offer a hand here?

I tried to install a package manually from the Debian repository. It was one of Twinkle 0.7.1 dependencies I guess libc6. I downloaded the file to a local dir and right clicked on it and chose: Kubuntu package menu>install package.

Sadly there were some other unresolved dependencies and the file did not install. After this the file appeard with the mention "Broken) in Adept. I did try several actions: to uninstall then reinstall etc but none was successful. Closed adept and upon restarting it I get the attached message.

1: how do I get out of this hole? ( I did that before with another software and I decided to reinstall Kubuntu. There must be a better way to fix it I assume.

2: How can i add the repository at http://packages.debian.org in adept as iassume it will download the dependencies automatically? Is it advisable to use that repository or it may cause problems since Kubuntu is not Debian.

3: How can we get the packages in the Kubuntu repositories updated. Currently Twinke is offered in version 0.4.2 and the available version is 0.7.1 which I tried in SUSE and works not only just fine but much better.

metricus
    Attached Files

Re: Adept problem

hi, I m French and 16 years old
    I can not very well english speak but
    how many available packages have you ?
    I have 17350 packages available  ...

Comment

Re: Adept problem

I have 18800. But may I ask how does this pertain to the subject?

My daughter is 14 and she doesn't speak French well either.

Comment

Working...
      X