This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot log in to kubuntuforums.com using Konqueror

I've got Dapper with KDE 3.5.3, including Konqueror 3.5.3. Using it on two different machines, I can't get this site to accept my log in. It seems to log me in (randcoop shows up as online at the site), but I'm not on. I'm a Guest with only Guest privileges.

I sign on with Firefox and there's no problem.

Together with the crashing of Konq at the CBS sites (for me it happens if I try sportsline.com, which is the CBS sports site), it makes Konq very difficult to use as a browser. Firefox simply does more and works more consistently throughout the web.

But surely, Konq should work on kubuntuforums.com.

Any thoughts?

Re: Cannot log in to kubuntuforums.com using Konqueror

You have to make Konqueror accept cookies from KubuntuForums.Net so that you could stay logged in. Settings > Configure Konqueror > Scroll down to the cookies section and if you set KubuntuForums to "Reject", change it to "Accept".

This is true for other site where you want to stay logged in. If you don't want to manually change cookie settings everytime, you can set Konqueror to always ask whether you want to allow/save cookies, the first time you visit a certain site. So for example, if you have set Konqueror to something like that, then you went to Yahoo!Mail for the first time, it will ask whether you will allow Yahoo!'s cookies. If you're going to be using Yahoo!'s services, you should accept. Otherwise, reject most cookies.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I made some changes, thanks to your good advice. I had cookies set so that only originating server cookies were accepted. Changing that setting seems to have opened up this forum to Konqueror.

But when I went to write a reply, I got an error when I tried to post indicating some kind of authentication failure. I also couldn't log off of the site.

So I'm back in Firefox to post my thank you.

Comment

That is strange indeed. Have you tried clearing up all cookies first?

Also, my cookie settings are as follows:
        (checked) Enable Cookies
        (checked) Only Accept cookies from originating server
        (checked) Automatically Accept session cookies
        Default policy: Ask for confirmation.

You can try clearing up all the cookie policies by clicking on Delete All, and clearing up all cookies by going to the management tab and clicking Delete All. Then try to log back in again and see if it works.

I'm using Konqueror exclusively for browsing, so I'm sure that Konqueror works with this Forum.

Except for one thing, replying with quotes. I didn't have that problem in Kubuntu Breezy, though. Only in Dapper.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
        X