This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steam is slow [cedega]

I just installed cedega. I got a nVidia GeForce 6600, and have installed the'nvidia' drivers and it works perfectly with glxgears, ppracer, gl-117 and so on. Steam on the other hand is very slow... It does not use to much resources, but i suspect it won't wort to well in CS (currently downloading it, but not done yet).

Cedega it self seems to work perfectly. Detects the drivers and so on and passes the 3d test and so on, but steam does not reconice any graphics card. It detects my processor and ram, screen resolution and so on...

Can any one help me out

Re: steam is slow [cedega]

http://transgaming.org/forum/
    the best place for cedega and steam issues

My tips are to enable fastwrites/sba
    http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Nvidia...and_Addressing
    (the above gave me the biggest boost in glxgears and gameplay)
    and to set the dxlevel lower
    (in a game console: mat_dxlevel 70)

in cedega itself, make sure you set AGP vertex setting to half your vidcards ram, and that you have the same amount specified in your bios. Steam won't recognize your card, buit that is fine

There are probably tons more tips on transgaming's forums, but do not expect super blazing fps and with some recent steam updates, Source games have had some problems. Make sure you update cedega from the transgaming menu

The original HL plays extremely well, but I don't play CS or CS Source so I cannot verify how well they run, though I would imagine the original CS should play well as HL 1 plays with very good fps on my GF 6200, around 90+ fps

HL I am lucky to get 50 at best

Good luck, and post any tweaks you did that helped you out!

Comment

enabling fastwrights helped a lot. My glx gears fps jumpet from about 1000fps to 6000fps. Steam on the other hand did not seam to improve much dough :-(

Comment

I had the same problem...

Comment

Now, steam may be pokey, but how are the games themselves?
          Are you running the latest updates? the steam UI can be slow at times for me, but I only notice it when it is downloading the games

Comment

Working...
          X