This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Question Time!!

OK. How can I start KMAIL without going through KONTACT? Read the online information about KMAIL but it was basically for beginners on how to use and set up but nothing about command line info. Thanks for any feedback!

Re: Stupid Question Time!!

Open up a Run command box (Alt+F2) and type in
    Code:
    kmail
    And you're done!
    You could also make an entry in K Menu or a desktop shortcut if you want.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

That's kind of what I thought, but when I do, I get this:

KDEInit could not launch 'KMail'.:
      Could not find 'KMail' executable

Through KONTACT, I don't have that problem.

Comment

could you try launching it from Konsole, then if you get errors, could you paste them here? That's very strange since I was able to launch KMail independently with that command.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Here is the error message.  By the way, even with the error, KMAIL at least opened.

kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
          kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x81ec828 ): KAccel objec                              t already contains an action name "delete"
          kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x81ec828 ): KAccel objec                              t already contains an action name "edit"
          kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x81ec828 ): KAccel objec                              t already contains an action name "display_message"
          moonrise@SysName:~$ WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 1) suspended.
          WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 2) suspended.
          WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 3) suspended.
          WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 4) suspended.
          ScimInputContextPlugin()

Comment

those are not really error messages per se, at least in users terms. More informational, really. Just do remember that linus commands, etc are Case SenSItiVE 'kmail' is not the same command as 'KMail'

Comment

I figured that a while back. Just for kicks, I tried different cases of "kmail" at the "Run Command". The icon does change to kmail's icon when I type in "kmail" , so i know it knows what it is, but I still get the error:

KDEInit could not launch 'KMail'.:
              Could not find 'KMail' executable

It acts as though I typed it "KMail", but I didn't. I did type "kmail". So, yes, I'm very perplexed on this problem. Now, a while back I was trying to put it in K Menu and mistyped it. I do believe it was in the form "KMail". So, even though I deleted that entry, could it still be hidden in a CONFIG file somewhere? I'd buy that explanation over any other, I just don't know where that would reside. It works in Konsole just not K Menu or Run Command.

Comment

Working...
              X