This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrades...

How can I upgrade from Breezy to Dapper? I read the official directions written by Kubuntu Devs but I don't understand them. Is there any way in which I could upgrade from 5.10 to 6.6 *without* re-installing everything?

Re: Upgrades...

In fact, you only need to replace all keywords breezy by dapper in the file /etc/apt/sources.list and then type two commands :
    sudo aptitude update
    sudo aptitude dist-upgrade

Sometimes people are loosing kde in the upgrade, so you can by security type this two more commands :
    sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop

Then reboot to the new kernel...

Hope it helped

Comment

I just came back from Boston. Tell me. If I do sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop; does that reinstall my desktop/KDE and put all the settings back to the defaults.

Comment

Originally posted by sky
        In fact, you only need to replace all keywords breezy by dapper in the file /etc/apt/sources.list and then type two commands :
        sudo aptitude update
        sudo aptitude dist-upgrade

Sometimes people are loosing kde in the upgrade, so you can by security type this two more commands :
        sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop

Then reboot to the new kernel...

Hope it helped
        you can also :

sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Comment

Underscrore, yes it will reinstall all your kde settings... Or at least, it should
          StephZ, apt-get is almost the same as aptitude, just aptitude is keeping packages installed as dependencies of the main package asked to be installed...
          Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X