This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Partially fixed] Firefox 'reloading' every few minutes

After the upgrade to Dapper from a very well working install of Hoary caused funny problems I decided to do a fresh install.
    One of the problems remains, every couple of minutes Firefox 1.5.0.3 hangs for a few (5-30) seconds and seems to refresh the window I'm looking at.
    During such an incident the CPU load goes to 100% so nothing else is working well.
    I started Firefox from a terminal and the error messages that show during the incidents are every time:
    ========================
    (firefox-bin:8385): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable: assertion `gdk_window_is_viewable (src)' failed

(firefox-bin:8385): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:8385): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_bits_per_sample: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:8385): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:8385): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:8385): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:8385): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    ======================

As said, this happened first as a result of the dist-upgrade from Hoary and now again on a fresh install.

Anyone has ideas on a possible fix?

Re: Firefox 'reloading' every few minutes

your problem seems a little similar to dsquared's

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=5658.0

He solved it as you can see in the thread. I'm trying it now as I have been having rather random behaviour from FireFox

Comment

Thanks analyticalman, I had not seen dsquared's post and it seems to do a lot of good.
      Originally the CPU would be running at 80-100%, with this change it's around 20%!
      But this is only a few minutes after the change, let's see if this is indeed the fix!

Comment

There's now an upgrade available to FF 1.5.0.4 from ubuntu-security.

Comment

About the Firefox upgrade from 1.5.0.3 to 1.5.0.4, this has no benefits for the problem as originally reported.

Comment

Working...
          X