This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu, I can't use that.. =(

Well the topic did sound a bit whiny didn't it? But I do like Kubuntu, its a really good distro, the Dapper Drake release was really good, alot of apps impress me, but I use Skype alot, and sometimes I get the urge to play CS. I really didn't want to be on Linux and when someone asks to talk to me i wait 20 mins for Windows to boot.

So I thought might as well try getting Skype to work, since i got problems with the sound device or something, tried the hijacker, thats wierd to me, just install and nothing seems to interact with it, tried other things like alsadsp, aoss. Nothing.

With counter-strike 1.6 that doesn't use OpenGL in wine so the graphics wasn't at all great, and a bit slow . So I tried out Cedega, no OpenGL was detected on that!

So I asked a few people what to do, found that I should install nvidia stuff from adept, did that, rebooted, and did glxinfo in the Konsole, and OpenGL info really was broken then, like now I cant even use OpenGL, the glxgears USED to work, now I installed these nvidia drivers it just gives errors.

So Skype was unusable, CS was really horrible to play, so just went back on Windows for now till Skype releases that one with ALSA compatibility, and maybe if I can get OpenGL to work on Cedega .

If you read this, thanks for the time,
    Pekay

Re: Kubuntu, I can't use that.. =(

pekay,

Maybe you just need a second computer! Then you can get both worlds at the same time!

The thing about Skype will still be trouble for you though... and Cedega,
    but you could always use the other computer for your games and such and the Linux computer for the real fun!

ricnmar

Comment

Re: Kubuntu, I can't use that.. =(

hah, sounds like a good idea ;p. Theres a catch isn't there when buying another computer? space and money . Unless I do make myself be patient .

Comment

Working...
      X