X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bon Echo 3 installation problem

Hello,

I am new to Kubuntu (love it!) and I am trying to install bon echo. I downloaded the tar file and extracted it from within the terminal. Following the installation instructions from mozilla, I typed in ./firefox to run the app, and this is what the terminal outputs:

(firefox-bin:5281): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:5281): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(This basically goes on for quite a while all with similar errors)

*Although it displays all this, the browser still opens, which is fine however, I do not see a icon for bon echo in the k-menu. So my questions are:

1) How do I fix the above errors?

2) How do I get the Bon Echo icon inside the k-menu?

Thanks for any help

Jesse

Re: Bon Echo 3 installation problem

Originally posted by iyawajin
    1) How do I fix the above errors?

2) How do I get the Bon Echo icon inside the k-menu?
    Moved here and:

1) That's a good question, one that the people of MozillaZine (or the firefox IRC chat room) can help you with. This is a Kubuntu forum, and we can only answer general questions, much like:

2) Try using kappfinder to search for Bon Echo, and add it from there. Oh wait, you most likely compiled it in a directory... and I don't know how to get it into the K menu from that... but maybe someone with more knowledge around here can help you.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Both are assertion errors within Firefox code. For error messages like this, go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ -- if you can't find a duplicate, then please open a new bug (on the product "Firefox", at bugzilla.mozilla.org).

That particular bon-echo "nightly build" was probably an especially buggy one. Those messages don't sound like Gnome/GTK dependencies which Firefox failed to include... rather, the Toolkit IS present, but functions/classes were being called with improper parameters.

On some days the "nightly builds" work pretty well, but on other days they don't. That sort of thing happens quite a bit when you're a testing 'volunteer' using nightly builds. 8).

Comment

dont know if this will help but i installed swiftfox with automatix for kubuntu and ended up on bon echo page when it opened. are they the same? swiftfox seems to crank pretty good here.

Comment

Working...
        X