X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete 0.12 Unofficial Deb released

Hi guys,
    I have been using for months Kopete in its SVN and later in 0.12-beta{1,2} versions under dapper. During last days it was released a final 0.12 version (0.12.0) but with NO Dapper/Breezy/Hoary DEB package.

Also, KDE 3.5.3 lacks of support of 0.12 version too. So I decided to add a custom "debian" section to standard Kopete source release and I built a DEB package.

I'm attaching it for your delight.

Kopete 0.12.0 Unofficial DEB package
    http://www.dpcontrol.it/debpkgs/kopete_0.12.0_i386.deb

ATTENTION !!!!!! This package will break kdenetwork (both 4:3.5.2-... and 4:3.5.3-...) meta-package. When prompted, you can unistall it 4sure, but keep in mind what you've done with this action. Also, ChangeLog in package is uncomplete. 

Re: Kopete 0.12 Unofficial Deb released

Is there any chance I could get that debian directory so I could cook up an amd64 deb for myself (I'm not too familiar with the finer points)?

Or has anyone done/plans on doing that already?

Comment

No trouble at all... BTW, I have to build it for AMD64 too, as I have to install it on my Personal Workstation @ work. So, stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by ZZambia
        ATTENTION !!!!!! This package will break kdenetwork (both 4:3.5.2-... and 4:3.5.3-...) meta-package. When prompted, you can unistall it 4sure, but keep in mind what you've done with this action. Also, ChangeLog in package is uncomplete.
        I've found a suitable solution without using fake version numbers (3.6.0 or similar). I've just used a composite numbering scheme like 5:3.5.3 (so we got the respect of REAL kopete/kde version and our version number is higher than the one in dapper repositories that is now 4:3.5.3).

Here you are the DEB package:

Kopete 5:3.5.3-ubuntu0 Unofficial DEB package

http://www.dpcontrol.it/debpkgs/kope...untu0_i386.deb

Enjoy it...

Comment

Working...
        X