This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment of tray icons

I just switched from KDE 3.5.2 to 3.5.3...

I liked the alignment of the tray icons in two rows in 3.5.2. I am using a 1024x768 resolution on my laptop and this kind of alignment saved me a lot of valuable taskbar space.

But now with 3.5.3 it is just one row, thus the icons are talking much more space in the taskbar.

Anybody knows how to change the tray icon behaviour

thanks

see also http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=4380.0

Re: Alignment of tray icons

After playing around with the task bar I discovered that if you make it bigger the tray icons are also rearranged (i.e. 2 rows).

At my screen resolution I have to change it's size to 52 pixels for the alignment to change. Then I can downsize it to 48 pixels and the icons are still in 2 rows.
    If I change it immediately to 48 pixels (without taking the 52 pixels step) they remain in one row.

Still I wonder if there is maybe a way to make the icons smaller, so I can have a smaller taskbar AND two icon rows?

Comment

On my end, I can immediately set the panel to a size of 48 pixels and the system tray automatically arranges into 2 rows. I guess 48 pixels is the minimum for a 2-row system tray. Or you can just set you panel to Large size.

Aren't system tray icons already using the smallest icons available (16x16)? If not, I sure hope they will someday give us a choice to do use those.
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I went to the KDE forums and one post said that you can only make the tray icons two rows by right clicking on the panel selecting Configure Panel->Arrangment then set the Size drop down menu to Large.

I did that and I didn't like the slightly bigger taskbar/panel so I set Size back to Normal. However, when I set the panel/taskbar size back to Normal the system tray icons stayed along two rows. Someone want to give this a try and see if this works for them too?

Comment

Here's an alternative to just trying to set the Size in Configure Panel->Arrangement. Try changing Size to Custom and set the pixels value to 48.

Comment

Working...
          X