This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where have the xinerama settings gone? [SOLVED]

They used to be accessible from the desktop settings.

e: on Breezy I could get them back by modifying display.desktop: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0

e2: nevermind, it just took a while to appear
    AMD Sempron 2800 | 1 GB | Geforce 4 Ti 4200 | Kubuntu 8.04

Re: Where have the xinerama settings gone?

The settings are not available in KDE 3.5.3 anymore or not in the same location. I actually need them just to reset the settings, because of a bug. I'm using twinview like this:

"MetaModes" "1600x1200, 1024x768 @1024x1200; 1600x1200,null"

So my first has both displays on and the next switches the other one off. Going back to two displays sometimes forgets to tell the windows not to stretch across them both and going toggling xinerama settings resets it back to normal. I also have a problem with Kaffeine now, the aspect ratio always thinks that I have both displays on.

Comment

Re: Where have the xinerama settings gone?

Got the xinerama settings back by reverting back to the original libkdeinit_kdesktop.so (I had tried the screensaver fixed from here) I discovered that the Kaffeine aspect problem didn't come from updating to 3.5.3, but from me commenting DisplaySize in Xorg.conf (some of the too fonts were too large having it set). Now I invented some numbers to get both aspect and font sizes correct (1,5 x real display dimensions seemed to be ok).

Comment

Working...
      X