This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fglrx not configuring xorg.conf properly

i've been trying to configure fglrx (version 8.25.18 installed through adept) to work on my pc for some time and to no avail, so i thought perhaps someone on the forums more knowledgeable than i could possibly help me. i'm running the 64 bit kubuntu (fresh install, just installed linux on my not so new box because up until about a week ago there were no drivers for the ati x1800xt with 512 ram, it took ati 8 months and it still doesn't work). the install goes seamlessly but when i run "aticonfig --initial" the xorg.conf file produced doesn't work. i think it may have something to do with my monitor (dell 2007wfp connected via dvi-d) since it only runs at 1680x1050 at 60 hz and 24 bit. i've tried the gtf modeline calculator but it produces a modeline for analog mode only so i tried substituting some values and put in the following line: "Modeline "1680x1050" 119 1680 1784 1968 2256 1050 1051 1054 1087 -HSync +VSync"
    (the 119 was pulled directly from the dell spec sheet)
    i'm most definitely doing something wrong as i see nothing on the screen after the startup sequence (kubuntu startup not kde). i'm attaching my xorg.conf file if some kind, brave soul would dare look at it. i hope all the necessary information is here. thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
Working...
X