This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xlib not installed?

I tried to install my Cedega deb file in Dapper, but I get an err from dpkg that says that Cedega depends on xlibs, but xlibs is not installed. I search adept for xlibs and find no installation candidate.

Has this been renamed? If so why is there no transition package?

It installs (and runs) fine if I use dpkg and --ignore-depends xlibs but you shouldnt have too...

Re: Xlib not installed?

There is: it's called xlibs-dev. I quote from the description: "This package smooths upgrades from Debian 3.0 by depending on libice-dev, libsm-dev, libx11-dev, libxext-dev, libxi-dev, libxmu-dev, libxmuu-dev, libxpm-dev, libxrandr-dev, libxt-dev, libxtrap-dev, libxtst-dev, libxv-dev, x-dev, and xlibs-static-dev. This transitional package is only depended upon by packages that haven't yet corrected their dependencies to reflect the new library arrangement."

Comment

unfortunately, there is no xlibs package, just xlibs-dev, cedega will still look for xlibs, untill they fix their package. Someone created a dummy package just for this purpose, but i don't have a url handy. its just easier and probably safer to do the --ignore-depends thing for the moment

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
        There is: it's called xlibs-dev. I quote from the description: "This package smooths upgrades from Debian 3.0 by depending on libice-dev, libsm-dev, libx11-dev, libxext-dev, libxi-dev, libxmu-dev, libxmuu-dev, libxpm-dev, libxrandr-dev, libxt-dev, libxtrap-dev, libxtst-dev, libxv-dev, x-dev, and xlibs-static-dev. This transitional package is only depended upon by packages that haven't yet corrected their dependencies to reflect the new library arrangement."
        Not to sound ungrateful, but no where in that list does is have just plain old xlibs. So no, there is not.

Originally posted by claydoh
        unfortunately, there is no xlibs package, just xlibs-dev, cedega will still look for xlibs, untill they fix their package. Someone created a dummy package just for this purpose, but i don't have a url handy. its just easier and probably safer to do the --ignore-depends thing for the moment
        The --ignore-depends is a very bad way to do this though, it works, until you try and install something through dpkg, adept, apt-get,etc..., at that point the system considers the installed package "broken" and _forces_ you to uninstall it for the rest to continue properly. (I have had to reinstall this app atleast 6 times so far just because of that)

Comment

I'd complain to the Cedega developers, they're the ones who produced a package with an obsolete dependency.

Comment

http://gaming.gwos.org/index.php?opt...d=22&Itemid=63

Comment

Working...
            X