This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Background Not Working

In the login manager I've changed the background to the Lineart Logo, I also changed the desktop background to that, and the splash screen so that it would all flow nicely.

However, when I boot up it shows the Lineart Logo background for a second, then the login box comes up with the default blue gradient thing. After logging the background flickers a bit before the splash screen loads, then into the desktop is fine.

How can I get the login background to stay as the Lineart Logo?

Also, has anyone experienced their music playing either slightly slower than it should be, so that it's slightly lower pitched? It's happening with each music player I try, although it was fine before upgrading to Dapper Drake.

Re: Login Background Not Working

What you are actually trying to is change the KDM Theme background, that is, the background that is shown when you are being asked for your username and password.

- The Splash Screen background is the background you see while KDE is loading up, the one saying "Loading Peripherals", etc.)
    - The Login Manager background, I think, is the one you see in between KDM and the Splash Screen.

I don't think there's an easy way to change that without doing some copying to folders owned by root (meaning, Administrative changes). I'm also not sure if the method that I'm thinking of is possible, seeing that the Lineart Logo wallpaper is an SVG (vector graphics) file, while the default KDM background is a PNG file.

I'll try to experiment on it later and I'll get back to you. Can't do that right now, though. I'm in the middle of upgrading KOffice.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Fixed. Sorta, heh, it's scaled too much.

Can someone go into /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/kubuntu and tell me exactly how big kubuntu-wallpaper.png is?

I replaced it without backing it up, I think my replacement is a different size.

Comment

1920x1200 pixel

Comment

Cheers.

It had actually nothing to do with that, had to mess about with kubuntu.xml, but its all sorted now.

The sound thing too, sort of. Changed sound hardware from autodetect to OSS. Can't use amarok (something about the xine engine, which I've read a lot of people are having trouble with) so I've switched to Kaffiene.

Comment

Working...
          X