Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with those gray/black icons in Crystal (the default icon set)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with those gray/black icons in Crystal (the default icon set)?

Someone odd I've noticed is that a lot of icons seem to be placeholders or something, they're generic and don't fit in with crystal.
    If you don't know what I mean, go to the Kmenu and choose logout, then look at the restart icon, go to amaroK and open the actions menu, or right click Konqueror's toolbars and choose 'configure toolbars'.

So, my question is, to someone who's more up to date on these things - why is this? Is this intentional? Is this a simple case of the crystal icon set being outdated? (If so, why didn't the Kubuntu developers at least shrink the reload/play/next/home icons and use them instead of the placeholders?) And why haven't I been able to find any bug reports / forum posts about this odd issue?

Re: What's with those gray/black icons in Crystal (the default icon set)?

I don't think They're placeholders or missing icons. I think they're some new Kubuntu-only Crystal SVG set for 16x16 icons. You can see most of them at /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/16x16/actions
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Oh, this is intentional? Am I the only one who thinks they look out of place?

Comment

I'm not really sure, but probably it's intentional. I'm not even sure, it might really be the latest Crystal SVG theme.

It does look out of place, though. Most of the Crystal SVG icons are glossy and 3D looking. These are a bit flat.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Well, maybe someone who knows a bit more about this will stumble in here and enlighten us. It seems like an odd thing to do intentionally, though it also seems like it would be hard to miss if it was unintentional.

Comment

Working...
          X