This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox freezes/blanks out

Ok, this has been happening for a while but I have never asked anyone about it. I am running the latest dapper version. When I have multiple tabs of firefox open, frequently it will all of a sudden either just freeze or the webpage will disappear and it will just be a blank tab like when you open a new one.

Sometimes after a couple of minutes everything will return to normal, but sometimes I have to kill firefox and restart it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Re: Firefox freezes/blanks out

There are several possibilities: It could be that FF is just waiting to load something on a tab you're not looking at, or it could be that you've got an extension that is clobbering FF. I had that problem in Breezy with noscript. See if you can figure out which sites in particular it happens on, or what you can disable to make the problem go away. It could also be a problem with your domain name server. Do you see anything in the lower left corner of the screen when or just before it freezes?

Comment

It doesn't happen on any particular site. I will just be reading a page then all of a sudden it will go blank after the page is already loaded.

Comment

That is puzzling. Do you have any of the ad blocking extensions like adblock, noscript, popupblocker, etc? Sometimes a site generated by a crafty developer will launch popups or flash displays every minute or less.

Comment

Working...
        X