This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only KDE works

I apt-get installed both ubuntu and xubuntu desktop and both crashed after I completed the customization, I only change the layout and theme setting, when I restart X I receive a blank panel bar on Gnome and it keep restarting itself, on the Xfce the application menu lost everything, only KDE has no problem so far, but it is not suitable for low spec. PC as it is so hungry for resource, anyone has similar problem ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Only KDE works

I removed ubuntu-desktop but it still appears on the session menu, I also removed xubuntu-desktop and reinstall again, but it still crash, the only difference is I have the option to start a new session, but it only gives a blank screen with different color nothing changed, no menu no mouse click just empty ! 'bad' configuration is 'memorized' somewhere, KDE is the only WM I can use now.

Comment

to fully uninstall Ubuntu-desktop, you must remove all its dependancies. read: http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Uninstall_ubuntu-desktop

can't help you for Xubuntu other than to say: Look for a .xfce or similar directory in your /home it will be hidden, so what you can do is in a konsole type
      Code:
      ls -allh ~
      and look for an xfce directory. Just remove that directory and hope it works (rm <dirname>)
      <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Sure, will try, thanks !

Comment

Working...
        X