This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox speed issues

Recently installed the fasterfox extension to firefox. After the update, Firefox and Konqueror creeps. Therefore I:

Rebooted back into windows to check. All good.
    Booted back into Kubuntu and still slow.
    Used Adept to purge Firefox and did another reboot.
    Konqueror now works fine.

Any possible ideas? Just switched over and willing to learn.

Thanks,
    booboo
    Celeron M 1.5Ghz
    512 Mb
    40 Gb

Re: Firefox speed issues

try updating again, and perhaps double check your network settings. I did notice a slowdown a few days ago, but it seems to have disappeared. As I have been putting in many extra hours at work this week, and had recently had some ISP issues, I never did find the cause. Very possibly there was an update that caused this, which may have been fixed soon afterwards in one of the numerous updates there have been each day.

Comment

So the slowness occurred only after you installed the FasterFox extension...? Or you installed the extension to try to counter the slowness?
      Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
        So the slowness occurred only after you installed the FasterFox extension...? Or you installed the extension to try to counter the slowness?
        Actually is running a little slow before the extension update, but creeped afterwards. Since the removal, everything is working fine. So maybe I will try Opera or install Firefox w/ not extensions at a later date.

Comment

Working...
        X