This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xine engine issues with Amarok

Ok, After going through all the previous issues with MP3 playability in Amarok, now I can't get amarok to even frigging load an Engine!!

Every time I go into the config, is says <no engine> in the engine drop-down menu. If I select the xine engine (my only choice, BTW) and then select either OK or apply, I get this error:
    Code:
    "xine was unable to initialize any audio-drivers."
    and that's it. The freaky issue is, I can play videos with audio from within the xine GUI! So it's isolated to Amarok. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

If you need more info just let me know what you need and I'll provide it.

Re: xine engine issues with Amarok

Try this:

Unistall Amarok and xine
    Use Adept and Reinstall both with the following:
    gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly package and any other gstreamer packages that apply
    libxine-extracodecs

This is all that I installed and Amarok is running smooth for MP3's.

Hope this helps.

Comment

True about the uninstall. That helped me as well, but then for "libxine-extracodecs" I also needed this line in my sources list:

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper multiverse

Comment

The Gstreamer packages that are available aren't compatible with Amarok 1.4. I tried that already it gives a BREAK notice.

I should have also mentioned, I have completely stripped out and reinstalled both Amarok and Xine twice already. No change.

Comment

Originally posted by bishounen
          Ok, After going through all the previous issues with MP3 playability in Amarok, now I can't get amarok to even frigging load an Engine!!

Every time I go into the config, is says <no engine> in the engine drop-down menu.  If I select the xine engine (my only choice, BTW)  and then select either OK or apply, I get this error:
          Code:
          "xine was unable to initialize any audio-drivers."
          I am experiencing the exact same problem.

After trying to setup amarok 1.4 in a way that it would play using my second soundcard (dsp2) for playback, I got stuck with the same issue described above. In the beginning I was able to recover the system by changing the soundsystem settings (auto, oss, alsa, etc.) and by changing the xine playback parameters in Kaffeine (although I am not sure if the latter has any effect on amarok's xine problems).

But now I get always the same error message from amarok.

Comment

I managed to get rid of the error message by closing amarok and then deleting the folder /home/username/.kde/share/apps/amarok and then restarting amarok.

Comment

Working...
            X