X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Updater taskbar applet (lost)

Hi

By accident I right-clicked on the adept-updater icon (the one-click update thingy) in the taskbar and closed it off, selecting apparently don't show on restart.

As a consequence, I cannot retrive this icon from when I run either adept or the updater program. Any ideas please?

I have read about Synaptic also. Any views on which is the better package?

Thanks

Ian

Re: Adept Updater taskbar applet (lost)

ianmillington

I am not sure if it is a bug with adept_notifier or something that I am yet to learn about the process of why it will disappear when you click on it ! (Or maybe updates to the programme means this is now the way it runs normally)

Press CTRL + ESC (KDE System Guard) and you will see 'adept_notifier' running even though it used to show an icon in the tray, however it will come to life when it finds there are updates to download.
    If you don't see it running in KDE System Guard then you can restart it by typing 'adept_notifier' in Run Command (ALT + F2)

Everyone seems to have their own personal favorite way of installing / updating I would recommend doing searches on the site for 'synaptic' 'aptitude' 'apt-get' and see the benefits of what they do. However Adept at present does show itself for now to be pretty buggy!

Bukunut
    There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

Thanks

I'll try adept_notifier when I get home tonight. I can run adept_updater but couldn't get the icon. I'm sure that running adwept_notifier will solve it.

Ian

(Must get myself a smart name!)

Comment

Sorted, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X