This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept upgrade

Since I've been braggin on Adept. This a.m. doing my daily upgrade, during apply (commit) got a flag warning saying unable to commit. I hit ok and adept closed. Re-booted and tried to open adept and got a flag saying I could not upgrade or do anything because something else was using adept. Noticed during download of upgrade that Adept was going to be upgraded. What happened??

Re: Adept upgrade

crossface

What you could do is CTRL + ESC (KDE System Guard) and see if adept is listed there. If you see 'adept' in the list the there will be a PID number next to it. note this number then in your console :-

sudo kill ####     (#### being whatever the number is)
    Adept in Dapper is kind of buggy still and a few are using synaptic as an alternative package manager, the other alternative is to use the console to update

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Bukunut
    There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

Hi,

I think it's because adept crashed and left the file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock present,
      you should try :
      Code:
      sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
      Then try again

Cheers

Comment

Thanks all. This is a great forum. Did the sudo apt-get update trick and it gave me dpkg --configure -a to correct problem with some options listed. I gave it y and it cleared the problem. It crashed during commit. Scary thing.

Comment

Working...
        X