This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3's and K3B

I'm new to burning MP3's so here is my prob, when I try to use K3B to burn them to disk I get "unable to handle this format", what do I do now? I have no clue, thanks in advance for any and all help,

Re: MP3's and K3B

logants

Hiya.
    You need to load libk3b2-mp3 in adept or through your console:-

sudo apt-get install libk3b2-mp3
    Hopefully that should work

Bukunut
    There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

i'll try that thank you, bukunut.

Comment

Hi I am having the same problem as logants, and I went straight to the forum to find the answer. Trouble is that apt does not seem to find the filethat was quoted bu Bukunut (libk3b2-mp3) I am using 5.10, with all the depositories open in adept including universe and multiverse. What should I do now?

Originally posted by Bukunut
        logants

Hiya.
        You need to load libk3b2-mp3 in adept or through your console:-

sudo apt-get install libk3b2-mp3
        Hopefully that should work

Bukunut

Comment

Originally posted by linuxrunner
          Hi    I am having the same problem as logants, and I went straight to the forum to find the answer. Trouble is that apt does not seem to find the filethat was quoted bu Bukunut (libk3b2-mp3) I am using 5.10, with all the depositories open in adept including universe and multiverse. What should I do now?
          It's been a while since I've used breezy, but I find it entirely possible that the package isn't available for breezy, only for dapper.

Unfortunately I can't remember if there was something else you needed to install in Breezy...maybe 'k3b-mp3'?

Comment

Problem solved....did upgrade last night to 6.06

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I have 6.06 Dapper already. I tried getting libk3b2-mp3 and it has no installation candidate. Any other suggestions?

Will

Comment

cLuEdArT

Ensure you have UNIVERSE repositories enabled in your list.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=183075

This should allow the necessary installation of files you require.

Bukunut

Package: libk3b2-mp3 (0.12.14-0ubuntu7) [universe]
                The KDE cd burning application library - MP3 decoder
                K3b is a GUI frontend to the cd recording programs cdrdao and cdrecord. Its aim is to provide a very user friendly interface to all the tasks that come with cd recording and a lot more.
                This package contains runtime libraries for the MP3 decoder plugin
                There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

For some reason I was misreading the repositories and looking at "us.archive.ubuntu" instead of just "archive.ubuntu" for my universe repos. Foolish me.

Thanks for the reply,

Will

Comment

Working...
                  X