X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opera or Mozilla

Hi there,

It seems that very few people are using Opera as their default brower, me too, I used to stick with Firefox and Thunderbird, but I found both FF and TB are getting more and more chunky and buggy, they both freez reguarly on my system, the browser window will suddenly blank for few seconds and then come back, so as the email. Now I am trying Opera and it runs so far so good with some gain at speed, I only don't like their email client so I still have to stick with TB, or maybe Kmail. I wonder if any one has similar complain ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Opera or Mozilla

Well...I like Opera, fast and versatile. Some people may shy away from it since though it's free (as in beer)...it's not open source (I'm more of a pragmatist than an idealist myself :P). You'll also have to take a few extra steps to install it on (k)ubuntu since it's not in the base repositories.

Opera has not let me down so far, but KDE's own Konqueror is a good browser as well (especially for people who prefer open software)

That said, I've never used Opera's e-mail client, I prefer kmail (integrated into kontact)...as it more than satisfies all my email needs

Lastly, a free opera tip :
    To make Opera's menus look like the rest of your KDE theme, start it with:
    Code:
    opera --style default

Comment

Thanks for your comment, I like Kmail too, but I don't know how to create filter base on address book, can it do that ? and the spam control is bit hard to setup. I want something as user friendly as Thunderbird but as stable and as fast as Opera.
      Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

Originally posted by lotech
        Thanks for your comment, I like Kmail too, but I don't know how to create filter base on address book, can it do that ?
        If you mean creating a filter based on whether the sender is in your addressbook, yes

and the spam control is bit hard to setup.
        Using the 'Tools>Antispam Wizard' always worked for me (with spamassassin)...I had to tinker with it a bit to get it working exactly like I wanted it to, but the default settings should do the job as well...Your experiences may differ, of course

Comment

I've used opera on occasion, but I always go back to firefox. I like the extensions you can get, especially adblock.

Comment

Working...
          X