X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to deal with orphaned module?

Hi, guys!
    After I installe Dapper, I upgrade couple times with the update-notifier located in the lower-left corner in the desktop. However, I found out I can not load the user&group module. Everytime there is a error message indicating that this module is orphaned. Anyone has some ideas about how to fix it?
    Thanks,

Re: how to deal with orphaned module?

Hi,

Can you give us the exact message please ?
    It will be easier...

Cheers

Comment

Sure, here it is:

The module user&groups could not be loaded.
      The diagnostics is:
      The possible reasons:
      . An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned module.
      . You have old third party lying around.

Check these points carefully and try to move the module mentioned in the error message. IF it fails, contact your distributor or packager.

If there something I can do with it? Thanks,

Comment

Hi,

This is happening when you're trying to upgrade again ?
        Did you try by konsole :
        sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade ?

I didn't found anything about this error yet... If nobody will find something, maybe you will have to fill in a bug report.

Cheers

Comment

Hi, sky:
          Thanks for your reply. Actually I update with the adept-updater showed in the panels. I did update again with console but the problem is still there. Maybe I will try again.

Comment

And what is the few lines before the one saying about "module user&..." please ?
            I don't think it will work like this maybe you will have to delete one package and reinstall it...

Comment

Actually, there is nothing before the message. I start this module by using "system setting" from the menu. I also try to delete the module first but have no idea how to do it. >

Comment

Ok, I understand better what you mean now
                Sorry that I was so long, in fact, you get this error when you're launching systemsettings...
                I think it's because dapper is still in developpement so this module can be missing, but I guess it will be available soon by upgrading, you should get it back once...
                I will check and tell you if I have it available on my dapper...

Cheers

Comment

it's quite strange because for me it's ok... I have access to this module, maybe you should open a bug report...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X