This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror doesn't show floppy correctly

I f you click on 'System Menu' in task bar, and then 'Storage Media', an unmounted floppy drive icon is shown.
    If you type in /media in path at top, the floppy folder is shown and clicking on it shows the files on the floppy.
    The path 'System:/media' isn't on the computer, and I can't find any settings where I can make the path '/media' permanently.

Must be a bug in Konqueror, there has been several updates of Kongueror, but this hasn't been fixed.

Re: Konqueror doesn't show floppy correctly

/media/ is a directory in the file system it serves as the mount point for removable devices like floppy disks and thumb drives. You can view the contents of /media/ by typing /media/ in the location bar of konqueror. I'm not sure I understand what it is that you think is a bug? It seems to work the way I expect it to.

Comment

If I go 'System Menu' , then 'Storage Media' I have 2 icons showing. One is the floppy drive umounted and the other is the hard drive mounted. If I click on the hard drive icon I can see the folders on the hard drive OK. If I put a floppy disk in the drive and click on the floppy icon it mounts the floppy and shows no files.
      The path is system:/media. Only when I change the path to /media do I see the files on the floppy. I should be able to click on the floppy icon and see the files on the floppy. With the default path of system:/media I can see the files on the hard drive, why not see the files on the floppy with the same path.

Comment

I think you're right, you SHOULD be able to see the files on the floppy. I don't know, though, whether you CAN. The problem has to do with the system that Konqueror uses in generating the psuedo file system called "System:". Personally, I always use the real file system

Comment

If you are viewing this thread, then you may want to review my post on what I found and did to get my USB floppy to be accessible as a regular user!
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X