This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Resize Images tool -- doesn't work under Dapper

I've been using the Batch Resize Images tool for awhile now and it's always worked fine (with Gwenview, digiKam, etc.). However, after upgrading to Dapper, now it simply creates a 2K file with nothing in it ... no resized picture!

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using ver. 0.1.0 under KDE 3.5.2. The webiste for Batch Resize Images seems to be down:

http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kipi

Thanks!

Re: Batch Resize Images tool -- doesn't work under Dapper

File a bug report on it.

In the meantime, mogrify should work just fine.

Let's say you have an image in /home/footer/pictures that needs resizing to 400 pixels wide and 250 pixels high:

KMenu > System > Konsole

Code:
    cd /home/footer/pictures
    mogrify -resize 400x250 picture.jpg
    More info here.
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Hey, thanks for the tips. I will try to file a bug report ASAP (w/Kubuntu I presume?).

Also, I tried morgrify and it works as advertised. Slick! I've tried another tool called convert which is part of the ImageMagick suite from command line and it works pretty much the same. Only problem is, both of these tools leave the file size a little larger than I'm used to. Batch Resize Images made them 60-80Kb while both of these command line tools make them around 175-225Kb. Any idea of a quick way to compress a bit further after morgrify or convert? I'm e-mailing resized pics and want to be friendly to my broadband challenged friends.

Thanks bunches!!!

Comment

Bug report has been filed:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bug/42280

Comment

Working...
        X