This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok installing : error message "egg_desktop_entries..."

I've a problem when installing amarok 1.4b3c (and it did the same thing when I installed gnome), I get this error message :

Code:
    ** (process:20626): CRITICAL **: egg_desktop_entries_add_group: assertion `egg_desktop_entries_lookup_group (entries, group_name) == NULL' failed

** (process:20626): CRITICAL **: egg_desktop_entries_add_group: assertion `egg_desktop_entries_lookup_group (entries, group_name) == NULL' failed
    The installation doesn't fail in itself, but when I run amarok it crashes... an idea ??

Re: amarok installing : error message "egg_desktop_entries..."

Did you try searching the amaroK forums? I have no idea what the error means, sorry I couldn't help you out more.

Comment

I don't know if this helps, but aMarok was removed from the Kubuntu system in one of the last updates.
      Maybe they're repacking it.
      Try the old & trusted xmms or even RhythmBox.
      Nevermore! Nevermore! - E. A. Poe

Comment

Originally posted by earendil
        I've a problem when installing amarok 1.4b3c (and it did the same thing when I installed gnome), I get this error message :
        How/from where did you install amarok? Can you boot to gnome OK?
        Nothing definitive came up from a search about the error you see, other than
        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KubuntuKDE35BetaKnownProblems (way down near the bottom)
        which is from KDE 3.5. beta. make sure you have updated dapper, that might help.

I don't know if this helps, but aMarok was removed from the Kubuntu system in one of the last updates.
        I don't understand this, amarok is still there afaik

One thing to try is to delete/rename/backup your ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok and ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc. I have seen sometimes where this may help, especially with upgrades to newer versions, or a corrupted config file

Comment

Working...
        X