X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pbm with amarok 1.4b2 with mysql-server/client

Hello,

I've a little problem since my last "dist-upgrade" on dapper. amarok was removed. So i tried to reinstall it, but it needed libmysqlclient15. I installed this one, but the installation removed mysql-server and en mysql-client... Hope it's just a problem in the dependencies management, et it will be fix

Re: pbm with amarok 1.4b2 with mysql-server/client

earendil

I think it is a waiting game at the moment for libmysqlient15 to be sorted, as its been renamed to libmysqclient15off.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...ghlight=amarok

Is this affecting everyone?

Bukunut
    There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

I have libmysqlclient15off installed after an upgrade, and it keeps amarok, but Kexi is now removed because it needs the original libmysqlclient15. Frustrating!

Comment

daniel2501

Are you refering to Amarok 1.3x or the 1.4x beta version that remains?

UPDATE : Just seen Amarok updated to version 1.4beta3, just loaded it up with no problem even it is still using the Xine engine for now, it works very well!
        http://kubuntu.org/announcements/amarok-1.4beta3.php

Bukunut
        There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

i've run into a problem trying to install amarok1.4 b3. it depends on libvisualo0.2 (which is outdated....) and libifp4 (or something like that).  its not in the default repetories, so i enable all the other ones in adept, both packages still not there.  then i added the deiban sid ones (non free contrib or something like that)...still not there....
          i see that you fellows have successfully installed beta 3, how can i get these packages--or do you have them installed? what can i do to get b3?  btw, i hate compiling. its got a very low success rate from my experience. especially in kde, so i would perfer another way..but, if all comes to all i guess i'll have to

edit: nevermind...spoke to soon....got it now 8)

Comment

I'm using amarok 1.4 beta, and I have no prob w/ amarok. It's Kexi that has the conflicting dependency that is required for amarok and some other packages including mysql.

Comment

Working...
            X