This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail/Kontact doesn't recognize maildir folder

Alright so I moved a kmail maildir folder to another computer trying to save the 612 emails I had in that folder. When I move it into kmail and then load kmail I see the folder and the 612 emails. But when I try to click on any of the emails all the email information (date, from, subject) turn to undefined and I get a blank email.

If I look at the files in the maildir directory I can open them in Kate and see the contents is there. What am I missing?

Also how come the import feature under File in Kontact/Kmail is always disabled??

Re: KMail/Kontact doesn't recognize maildir folder

This may not be good advice, but it's something to consider. Once I was reading with Mutt some maildirs that were also open in Kmail. I guess a conflict occurred and afterwards the email in Kmail behaved as you describe. However, I continued to be able to access those messages in Mutt. You may be able to get to your emails with the Mutt client.

Comment

Re: KMail/Kontact doesn't recognize maildir folder

Originally posted by murph2481
      Also how come the import feature under File in Kontact/Kmail is always disabled??
      You probably need 'kmailcvt' package (it's the mail importer plugin for kmail)...it's in the 'universe' repository.

Comment

Working...
      X