X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok-gstreamer

hey people

i just installed amarok-1.4-beta2 from the kubuntu repositories. (amarok + amarok-engines + amarok-xine + gstreamer-0.10*)
    but i don't have support for gstreamer. only xine is listed in the available output-plugins.
    so i tried to compile amarok-gstreamer myself, but it failed due to some strange syntax errors in the glib-headers...
    does anyone have a clue how to get gst10 to work?
    and last: can anyone tell, how to fix the anoying malfunction of MusicBrainz? (i installed all libtunepimp and taglib packages)

thanks in advance

Re: amarok-gstreamer

I don't believe they have built the gstreamer-engine for it yet. I am not sure why, however.
    I have been building amarok from SVN, but I do not remember if it is using gstreamer when it builds (I am thinking that there are some missing gstreamer bits still that are not yet in dapper)

As for the MusicBrainz, it seem to still be broken in SVN, but I have not yet looked for a possible solution, it could be an Amarok issue, or it could be a (ubuntu)libtunepimp issue. I am planning on looking into it tonight if I have time. It is really bugging me too

Comment

i built gstreamer and am now listening the problem was, that there were some *-dev packages missing (but configure didn't tell - make just failed!!)

so gstreamer0.10 works with amarok1.4beta2.

MusicBrainz still not. it would really be great if someone finds the "trick". -> it's a great feature, isn't it!!

thanks for the reply and thanks in advance for the following re's.

Comment

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu...imp/+bug/21923

we will probably have to compile tunepimp ourselves

Comment

you can overcome this by installing "apt-build", use the defaults given for options during the install, other than your type of processor,
          then run the command

sudo apt-build --reinstall install libtunepimp-bin

If libtunepimp-bin does not install, go to /var/cache/apt-build/repository and you will find the packages there, but it should show up in Adept/Synaptic

Comment

sorry for the delay. but thanks a lot. i didn't know that something like apt-build exists - GREAT feature

anyhow. it crashes... possibly the reason is, that i didn't use all defaults while configureing apt-build but told "him" to use high optimization and that i have an athlon64?

well. thank you again

cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X