This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sys admin module, 'Disk & filesystems' not loaded

I've been running Breezy for a while on a Toshiba Portege 4000 laptop and decided to try out Dapper Flight 5, just to see if the built in SD Card reader would work. (Some reports of improved card reader under this version).

The card reader doesn't work - no big surprise being a longstanding Toshiba gripe - but I have an unexpected problem in that the System Administration Module, 'Disk and Filesystems' does not load either. The error message tells me that this is because either during the KDE upgrade this module was "orphaned", (?), or I have old third party modules lying around.

This was a clean install, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: Sys admin module, 'Disk & filesystems' not loaded

Originally posted by nikkkko
    I've been running Breezy for a while on a Toshiba Portege 4000 laptop and decided to try out Dapper Flight 5, just to see if the built in SD Card reader would work. (Some reports of improved card reader under this version).

The card reader doesn't work - no big surprise being a longstanding Toshiba gripe - but I have an unexpected problem in that the System Administration Module, 'Disk and Filesystems' does not load either. The error message tells me that this is because either during the KDE upgrade this module was "orphaned", (?), or I have old third party modules lying around.

This was a clean install, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick
    i have the same problem/bug
    i think they 'll fix it soon

Comment

Hmm... that sounds bad. I had the same issue with the Dapper Flight 5 Live CD. I thought a clean install would not have that problem. Hope someone has a solution here...
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

in flight 4 i had more modules broken
        so i did a fresh flight 5 install
        and that fixed most of the problems,but that one mentioned here still doesnt work

Comment

Well at least I'm not alone. Anyone tried, (and succeeded), to fix this?

Comment

I just found out my Samba 'Sharing' module is dead too. I'll just have to hope the next version sorts this out.

Comment

my disk and file system module works again

now the Display module is dead

Comment

Working...
              X