This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept problem

I have a problem with adept, I cannot run it from menu, if it run from console gives this error :

sudo adept
    kapture::PkgSystem::PkgSystem()
    QMultiInputContext::changeInputMethod(): index=0, slave=xim
    adept: PackageDetails::setPackage()
    adept: PackageInfo::setPackage()
    adept: ERROR: Communication problem with adept, it probably crashed.
    zerocull@Kubuntu:~$ KCrash: Application 'adept' crashing...

sorry by me english

PD: Have dapper 4 64bits install iso

Re: Adept problem

It doesn't really solve the issue, but I would recommend installing Synaptic for those who are having problems with Adept.

from a terminal window type

Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    Synaptic only has a couple of extra dependencies and is much more refined and stable, well, as it has been around a lot longer it also looks much nicer in Dapper than it used to

I am not sure if it as 64 bit issue, but dapper's Adept for me (32 bit) is much more stable and useful than it is in Breezy.

Comment

Same problem - running Dapper Drake 4 64 bit, I've now installed Synaptic and it comes up. But - it seems to think that I want to uninstall Open Office 2, and install Open Office 1.

Comment

Well, Synaptic worked, installed what I wanted. After I finished I tried to run Adept one more time, and now it starts, and I think it's working.

I'm confused - not that this is new.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_Hatter

Well, Synaptic worked, installed what I wanted. After I finished I tried to run Adept one more time, and now it starts, and I think it's working.

I'm confused - not that this is new.
          Adept has always confused me. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. This goes for Breezy, Dapper 3, 4, 5. 

The only way I've discovered to make it work is to right click it's entry in KMenu, Edit Item, then remove the flags in the command box so that ONLY Adept is there. This goes for all the Adepts in KMenu.

I've filed a bug report (others have same problem)

Comment

Working...
          X