X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

default mail and web applications

Hello forum,

I've just installed the latest release of dapper drake kubuntu and I'm stuck with at least a problem :

Whatever I change (I want thunderbird as my default mail client and firefox as my default web browser) in the K > system settings > User Accounts > default applications > email client and in web browser, my settings are not take in count.
    HTTP links stills opens in konqueror and any mailto: links fails to open a new mail windows in thunderbird.

I've also tried to change them through K > Run command > kdsu kcontrol and throught settings:/ but with no more success;

I didn't had this problem under breezy.

Any ideas ?

Other problems i've found :
    - can't successfully unhibernate (worked at least under hoary)
    - have this error message continuously in .xsessions-errors : "QFile:pen: No file name specified" and
    these related to firefox :
    (firefox-bin:5028): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable: assertion `gdk_window_is_viewable (src)' failed
    (firefox-bin:5028): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed
    (firefox-bin:5028): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_bits_per_sample: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed
    (firefox-bin:5028): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed
    (firefox-bin:5028): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed
    (firefox-bin:5028): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed
    (firefox-bin:5028): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    - missing application in the Kmenu (Kmenuedit for example)
    - not a full Kcontrol center, needed to add Kcontrol by hands...

Re: default mail and web applications

no one

Comment

Well, I'm using Kmail (the default) and mailto: links don't work for me either. I don't think it has as much to do with a specific client, or with setting a client in KDE as it has to do with KDE just not being able to do that right now. I've seen other people talking about it as if it was a bug currently. When I used Thunderbird it never worked for me either. This problem has existed for me under Hoary, Breezy, and Dapper.

We may have to wait for a solution to this.

Comment

Dapper is still beta. Did you check the release notes to see if this is a known bug, or checked the bug database to see if it's been reported?

Comment

I'm having the same problem. if anyone has a fix please let me know
          We are the people our parents warned us about

Comment

Check this out and let us know if this helps:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Integrate...rd_and_Firefox

Comment

Working...
            X