This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mp3 decoder

ok i know this could be stupid or something totally dumb. but im knew to kubuntu or ubuntu. never had one before. i found on one of the faqs that said if i want mp3 support i should install gstreamer-0.8mad and akode-mpeg. i tried doing this via adept and synaptic but there isn't one of them listed also i ve tried searching the internet and nothing came up for me.

i currently am using amarok 1.4.1 and i would like to make mp3 support work for it. the only engine it has listed is gstreamer as when i try to install arts or xine trough adept it says broken and i think it's because of the amarok 1.4.1 because when i updated from 1.3.8 i had to remove the xine and arts engine. i have both gstreamer 0.8 and 0.10 installed.

so i need some instructions maybe giving me links or anythings

also how come xmms plays mp3s and amarok doesn't?

thanks guys.

btw im running Dapper Flight4 x86

Re: mp3 decoder

Did you enable the universe repositories in your sources.list?

Comment

yes i forgot to mention that. and btw i forgot to mention that i did find gstreamer-0.8mad and installed. i only didn't find the akode-mpeg

Comment

ok i solved it. i just went back to 1.3.8 and installed arts engine too. i have both xine engine and arts engine. but only arts plays mp3s. and btw i couldn't find gstreamer library for amarok on adept

is arts engine good as gstreamer? and how come everytime i tried to install it when i had the 1.4.1 it wouldn't install because it says broken? is it because it's still beta?

i really wish i could use amarok 1.4.1 i really liked some of it's new features.

Comment

Working...
        X