This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror - "Do not ask again" - how to forget this

Can someone tell me how to restore the original request on a dialog box that we clicked "Do not ask again". Now we want to see that choice again but cannot figure out how to get that dialog box back. We have removed cookies from the website and also emptied the Konqueror cache.

The particular dialog box had to do with saving a file as compared with opening a file.

Ray

Re: Konqueror - &quoto not ask again" - how to forget this

Try this:

1. Go to Konqueror>Settings>Configure Konqueror>File Associations

2. Find the file type you wish to edit the behaviour for (you can filter by file extension, for example)

3. Select the file type, and in the 'Embedding' tab to the right, check 'Ask whether to save to disk instead'

4. Apply changes

Comment

Thanks MUCH!

Sounds like this should work. Will give it a try as soon as I get off this connection.

RAy

Comment

Sorry, that did not solve the problem. I tried again after working in the file association box.

I also find that this problem is not file type dependent (it skips the dialog box that asks if we want to save to a file instead - even with a completely different file type {pdf vs odt}.

If you have additional ideas, I would sure appreciate it.

Ray

Comment

Try again, but click on the all under Known Types, and check both, all and allfiles. Ensure that in the Embedding tab, that Use settings for 'all group and Ask whether to save to disk instead are checked.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks but we have tried all you suggested and tried it again but still the same - no dialog box asking if we want to save to file.

Additional information => this occurs on one user account in this machine but on a different account that has not been instructed to "Do not ask again", the dialog box appears when going to the same web site and same page.

Unfortunately, several of the students in our 22 Dapper Drake classroom have clicked on the "Do not ask again".

Any additional suggestions are more than welcome!

Ray

Comment

Try editing ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc directly.

Find section:
              [Notification Messages]

And delete entries as appropiate, the entries look similar to these:
              askEmbedOrSaveapplication/x-tgz=yes
              askSaveapplication/x-debian-package=yes

Comment

Wonderful! That solved the problem. Now we can download files then open them on all accounts.

Thanks for helping us out!

Ray

Comment

Working...
                X