X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wine fails to run

Hi,
    Since last update to dapper (2006-FEB-07), wine does not start. When I run 'wine', it comes back with 'Killed' message. I compiled wine from source and yet I get the same message.

Has anyone faced this yet?

Thanks.
    Kanwar

Re: wine fails to run

It has to do with the latest kernel (2.6.15.15), if you use the old kernel before that 1 it will work ok.

Comment

You can always add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list file:

deb http://wine.sourceforge.net/apt/ binary/

Than you'll always have the latest (currently 0.9.9)

Comment

I'm having the same problem (wine won't run)
        I tried Peetke's suggestion, then ran apt-get update, but still no-go with wine

Comment

Originally posted by jbqld
          I tried Peetke's suggestion, then ran apt-get update, but still no-go with wine
          You installed/upgraded wine as well? I mean apt-get update only updates the available package lists...it does not install/upgrade software on it's own

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
            You installed/upgraded wine as well? I mean apt-get update only updates the available package lists...it does not install/upgrade software on it's own
            sorry, I only found this reply today ... yes, I have wine installed alright & can access the Wine Config OK, but can't get it to run a program.
            Maybe I need to read some help files? can anybody point me in the right direction please?

Comment

I recently moved to the Dapper version of Kubuntu, Wine does not run in it. I'm searching for solutions.
              NTP

Comment

Working...
              X