This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok-gstreamer

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
    amarok-gstreamer: Depends: amarok (= 2:1.3.8-0ubuntu1) but 2:1.3.8-0ubuntu2 is to be installed
    E: Broken packages
    The amarok gstreamer packages has a broken dependencie any work around for it? Xine just sucks with gstreamer i can clik on a mp3 to play it but with xine it doesn't work only if i select the mp3 in amarok list then it works

Re: amarok-gstreamer

Still seems to be a problem with this. Does anyone hav any ideas if this will be resolved shortly?

Comment

Its because gstreamer is upgrading to 0.10 and amarok doesn't have the support ready atm for 0.10

Only way to solve it atm is to force it and install the broken package, thats how it worked for me.

Maybe someone else has a better solution, glad to get a answer.

Comment

Originally posted by awakatanka
        Its because gstreamer is upgrading to 0.10 and amarok doesn't have the support ready atm for 0.10

Only way to solve it atm is to force it and install the broken package, thats how it worked for me.

I dont know how thats done. Any clues/help?

BTW this is the message i get when trying to install

amarok-gstreamer:
        Depends: amarok (=2:1.3.7-0ubuntu4) but 2:1.3.8-0ubuntu4 is to be installed

Comment

i'm using kpackage to do that, it can ignore broken packeges and force it to install.

You can find it in the repo list.

Its also a handy prg to install deb files you downloaded outside the repo lists, its a 1 click install almost.

Comment

you could upgrade to amarok 1.4.1 beta which has support for gstreamer 0.10.

btw im new to to the forum and im glad to join. hope ill be of help and also find help.

Comment

Originally posted by awakatanka

I love AmaroK. I can't work on the computer w/o my music.

Here's how I got it in Dapper

Go here for instructions to modify repository
              http://kubuntu.org/announcements/amarok-1.4beta1.php

- run Adept and fetch updates
              - search on amarok
              - remove old amarok
              (don't try to update amarok)
              - install new amarok and amarok-gstreamer

Amarok developers say gstreamer is best.
              I've got 23,000 mp3's in my Amarok collection. You will have to wait while amarok rebuilds your collection database as the old is not compatible.

Comment

With dapper 3 i upgraded to 1.4 and it worked, but after a restart all my media prg's didn't work anymore.

With dapper 4 all things worked and didn't upgrade but removed the old and installed the new, no problems anymore.

Thxs all

Comment

Quote "Amarok developers say gstreamer is best.
                  I've got 23,000 mp3's in my Amarok collection. You will have to wait while amarok rebuilds your collection database as the old is not compatible."

Lobo, 23,000 MP3's? That's listening non-stop (if you average your songs at 4 minutes each) at over 63 days. I wish I had your pizza delivery contract.

Cheers
                  Lowey
                  I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Originally posted by lowey23
                    Quote "Amarok developers say gstreamer is best.
                    I've got 23,000 mp3's in my Amarok collection. You will have to wait while amarok rebuilds your collection database as the old is not compatible."

Lobo, 23,000 MP3's? That's listening non-stop (if you average your songs at 4 minutes each) at over 63 days. I wish I had your pizza delivery contract.

Cheers
                    Lowey
                    The collection is for the whole family. Some of it I've never listened to - especially the newer hip-hop, gansta stuff javascript:replaceText(' :P', document.postmodify.message);

AmaroK handles it admirably

Comment

similar problem. dapper flight 4. amarok 1.4.1, i can't get gstreamer.10 to install. xine will "skip" throught playback (i've seen this before, but can't remember how to solve), arts and akode don't play. I need to get atleast one of these engines to play music. what am i doing wrong--what do i need to do to get mp3's to play??

Comment

never mind. got akode to work....
                        enabled universal respitories in synaptic, and install akode-mpeg....

Comment

Working...
                        X