X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Trash folder error

Dear Friends,

Please help me regarding the following matter.

When I tried to delete a folder with the help of mouse (selection move to trash option), it will goes to trash,but it will create a folder named ".Trash-UserID" on the same location, that i doesn't need. Please tell me the solution for avoiding the creation of such a folder.

Expecting your early reply regarding this....

Thanks in advance,
    Renjith
    email
    0%
    alert
    0%

Re: .Trash folder error

I think you are describing a "feature", not a "problem". The hidden file .trash is created on each drive partition, as far as I know, and that is where the "moved to trash" items go. When you "empty" the trash, you empty that hidden folder. But it will still be there because you need it for the next time you "move to trash".

Am I missing anything? :P

Comment

Dear Friends,

Is there any idea to eliminate this feature ?

Please reply as early as possible.

With Thanks,
      Renjith

Comment

All I can think of is to set up cron to go into .local/share/Trash/files and wipe -qr every day.

I despise the trash can myself. Somehow or other I cannot empty mine out, so I go in and "wipe" every two or so days manually. But I am getting better at shell scripts automating things. If I get it done, I will post

And yes, like you, I do not want a trash on /home and also on external devices. It believe it should only be in one spot.

peace,

Mark R

Comment

Working...
        X