This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok I am having a really weird problem

I installed some programs then when I went to reboot, Kubuntu no longer has the KDE desktop environment, it ended up with gnome for some reason, what the heck is going on, I no have a cross between Ubuntu and Kubuntu, so what the heck happened.

Re: ok I am having a really weird problem

Well, without your list of applications you installed ....

If you now have the Gnome Desktop, and you had/want KDE, open Adept Package Manager (if you are using Adept), select and mark for uninstall, the "gnome" package and apply the change. This will remove the Gnome desktop and should leave you with your KDE Desktop.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

@kathera_lockharte:

Please post the contents of: /etc/X11/default-display-manager

Comment

well I decided to do a fresh install but I did install some programs for gnome but I didn't install the whole desktop environment, I will try again if I get the same issue I will go into Adept and uninstall gnome.

Comment

Sounds like overkill. Did you try logging out of gnome and then on the login manager select kde session?
          It's also possible you could have edited the default gui manager to kdm instead of gdm by editing /etc/X11/default-display-manager
          For kdm it should read /usr/bin/kdm

Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Working...
          X