This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question reguarding flash player 9

I am on ubuntu feisty fawn, but i am downloading kubuntu dapper drake, I have this problem with feisty fawn not supporting flash player 9, does dapper drake support it, if not what would my best bet be?

Re: I have a question reguarding flash player 9

Which web browser are you using? My aboutlugins page in Firefox says I've got Flash 9 installed, I'm also using Feisty Fawn and I installed a flash package in Adept Manager. The package I installed is called flashplugin-nonfree and it's in the multiverse repositories.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Kitten
      Which web browser are you using? My aboutlugins page in Firefox says I've got Flash 9 installed, I'm also using Feisty Fawn and I installed a flash package in Adept Manager. The package I installed is called flashplugin-nonfree and it's in the multiverse repositories.
      oh well I am having trouble, I am able to get the installation started now, I needed to be using the root shell but now I have hit a snag, its asking me to type in what install path to use, I might endup going back to ubuntu, or doing a dual boot if I can;t get this figured out. also what catagory did you get it from in the multivers repository?

Comment

I don't remember having to specify an install path when I installed mine. Are you using a program like Adept or Synaptic to install, or are you doing command line apt-get?

Also, if you got it working okay in ubuntu, you could just do a ubuntu install, then install the KDE desktop, and be able to use both gnome and KDE that way. That's really 90% of the difference between kubuntu and ubuntu.

Comment

I used the konsole to do it, I am in adept but I can't seem to find where you got it.

Comment

Do you have the multiverse repositories enabled? You can check through the manage repositories dialog (first tab, Kubuntu Software look for the option that says (multiverse) at the end), or by opeing your /etc/apt/sources.list and checking to make sure the lines talking about multiverse are not commented out.

Once you have the multiverse enabled, you should just be able to search for flashplugin-nonfree (or just flash works pretty well too).

Are you using Adept Manager, or the Add/Remove Programs thing?

Comment

where does it say manage repository? I can't find that feature.

Comment

If you're using Adept Manager, it'll be an icon that looks like a 3 1/2" floppy disk. I don't know if the Add/Remove Programs thing allows you to manage the repositories.

Which program are you using?

Comment

If you're using Adept Manager, it'll be an icon that looks like a 3 1/2" floppy disk. I don't know if the Add/Remove Programs thing allows you to manage the repositories.

Which program are you using?
                  I am in adept and I am using the manage reposotories, but there is no tab that says multiverse.

Comment

The tab says kubuntu software. Under that tab, there will be a list of options with selection boxes next to them. The second from the bottom says "software restricted by copyright or legal issues (multiverse)" make sure that one's selected, then tell adept to fetch updates and search for flash. You should find the plugin-nonfree package that way.

Comment

The tab says kubuntu software. Under that tab, there will be a list of options with selection boxes next to them. The second from the bottom says "software restricted by copyright or legal issues (multiverse)" make sure that one's selected, then tell adept to fetch updates and search for flash. You should find the plugin-nonfree package that way.
                      lol looks like my problem is solved, I went to photobucket and it installed the plug in for me :P.

Comment

oh, I have that I didn't understand what you meant by multiverse, well I do but I didn't know that it was labled differently then what you said, this cleared things up for me, thanks =^_^=.

Comment

Working...
                        X